Friday, March 20, 2015

NAACP Image Awards 2015 - Red Carpet Review

I have been trying to make an effort to cover as many awards shows as possible because that way I can spend more time stalking dresses. Seeing gowns inspires me, it also helps calm me so that I don't inadvertently beat the whey out of the people that are chewing gum in their heads.
 
Angela Bassett
This is Egyptian glory in evening gown style! This is just breathtaking! It is a simple silhouette and beaded to the nines.

Carmen Ejogo
While I know she can not move her left arm I think this is a beautiful gown. The slit that happens only because it is make to create one. I am a fan of full range of motion though.

Demetria McKinney
This dress is a perfect concept that was overdone in execution. I love the dress, but want it to be toned down a bit, there is too much fabric origami.

Gabrielle Union
I love the asymmetry of the hemline while still being a full length gown. The color is beautiful on her skin and I think the overall execution of the design is very flattering for her shape.

GuGu Mmbatha-Raw
Embossed fabric! I LOVE EMBOSSED FABRICS lately! I love this simple a line skirt and strapless style, but I want a different color. I think I have made my feelings known about yellow on women of color. (it's been done, move on)
 
Sharon Leal
Yep Royal blue! LOVE IT! The color, the double ruffle mermaid the angled sweetheart bustline! This is how dresses have dress babies in my head!

Shaun Robinson
While I believe this woman is merely a correspondent, based on the caption of the picture I found, she needed to be noted for wearing such an amazing gown! This is magnificent! I can even get past the yellow!

Tike Sumpter
I love this teal color! The Asymmetry of the lines, and the overall fit are amazing! I want to wear a dress like this! Well after I loose a small child worth of weight.
 
Tracee Ellis Ross
This dress is PERFECTION! I love the ribbon lace on this gown. The lines are perfect to make her look like a million bucks, and she seems to feel it too!

Uzo Aduba
This is I think the most elegant gown I saw. There were two dresses that were everyone else's favorites that I didn't include because this one deserved to be in the 10 more. The rose taffeta the shape. I love the fabric and the color and the shape. This is Hollywood elegance.